While there are a lot of fabulous blog reads in the blogosphere, there are some that resonate with me more than others. This is my tribute to ten of those many blogs that put a smile on my face, that never fail to brighten up my day. I encourage you to visit them and subscribe to them! They really are feel-good blogs.
1. The Girl with a Curl – J. Ana is creative, crafty, and lots of fun. From cupcakes to quilts to books to her curls, her blog is always a joy to read. I especially enjoy her foodie posts and the stories she shares behind her recipes. Her Earth Day cupcakes entry is one of those drool-worthy posts of hers.
2. Life Candy – Nenette’s funny family moments are my favorite of her posts. It’s like watching a sitcom! She’s also big on living green and I enjoy reading her tips on these. And she’s got awesome hair.
3. A Ball of Yarn – Chinita Jill’s perkiness bounces all over her blog. She tells wonderful travel stories that want to make me grab my travel backpack (if I had one) and just head out! She takes amazing photographs as well which make her travel stories even more captivating.
4. A Perfect Day for Bananafish – Kala is so funny, artistic and a fabulous writer. What makes her even cooler is she’s got a pet robot named Mahmud and imaginary pets. I just love her wit.
5. Secret Agent Josephine – Brenda, a.k.a. Secret Agent Josephine, is super talented. I enjoy reading her posts on arts and crafts with her adorable little girl, a.k.a. Bug, who enjoys the color green oh so very much.
6. Creature Comforts – Reading Ez’s design blog makes me want to wear my pajamas, curl up in a blanket and sip on a mug of hot chocolate with marshmallows. It’s just so cozy! The designs she shares are always cute, but my favorite entries of hers are her desktop wallpapers with the quote of the week. Always comforting, always inspiring.
7. Kitchen Cow – To me, Kaoko is the Queen of Bento. She’s quirky, creative and all kinds of NICE! C’mon, who else can make a mouse in your food look so appealing?
8. I Wrote This for You – Some of the quotes are heartwrenching, but there are quotes that make you go, “Oh yeah, this is love. This is life. YES!!” It’s amazing how some feelings are so universal, as this site could’ve been written by anyone for anyone. It just takes one person (anonymous in this case) to put those emotions into words. I especially like this one about “a beautiful mess.”
9. iHanna’s Creative Space – “Create and live happy,” goes iHanna’s header. And that’s exactly what her blog is about — creativity and happiness entwined. Her recent entry, 100 Ideas to Spark you into Creative Action, is a great testament to her passion. She is such an inspiration.
10. The Dairi Burger – This blog is hilarious. ihatewheat rereads her Sweet Valley High books (remember that?) and gives a quick review of each with such bite and wit. She says she blames all her worries on these books, and I can totally relate. Those books just give you a false sense of reality! But you only know that when you’re, well, not in your teens anymore. Always an entertaining read, like one of Jessica and Elizabeth’s many spring breaks.
Give these blogs a visit! I hope they put a smile on your face too. This is my entry to Shai’s 41st round of 52WoC.