1. Catching the spirit two days before Christmas. Not bad for being cheery, but it sucks for Christmas shopping!
2. Finally considering giftwrapping as therapy or quiet time. While my husband and brother-in-law went crazy over Wii one morning, I did the zen thing with crepe paper and ribbons.
3. And when I was done wrapping, playing Wii. Aha, now I understand why people go ga-ga over it. Got quite a workout too!
4. Seeing Cujo, my aunt’s shih tzu, in a formal tux. He was the best dressed of us all on Christmas Eve.
5. Tasting my sister’s baked goodies again! Like these awesome Christmas Cupcakes of hers. Take your pick! All chocolate, with either vanilla or choco frosting. Each cupcake has even more chocolate gooeyness inside it. Or cream cheese.
6. Giggling at the Gingerbread Men that didn’t quite make it. Because of the many goodies my sister prepared (not in pics: vanilla brownies, chocolate brownies, Oreo cakes), she ran out of time to decorate these Gingerbread guys. Heehee. They were still yummy anyway!
7. This traditional fruit cocktail salad, also from my sister. Mama used to make this, but my sister has taken over the recipe.
8. Watching the giftwrapper fight between my Dad, my cousin and my niece after everyone had opened their presents.
9. Visiting Grandma at the hospital on Christmas Day. She’s fine now. Methinks she was overwhelmed by the season. This is more of a “lowlight” though. The highlight is that she’s well.
10. Reconnecting with a lot of friends over the holiday break. Rebuilding friendships with some. I love it when you bond with a friend you haven’t seen in four years and it’s like you just saw each other yesterday. Only yesterday, you were both ten pounds lighter.
11. Catching up on my reading.
12. Finally decluttering the house yet again.
13. Spending lots of quality time with my husband.