You know the feeling when you need a vacation from your vacation? *yawn* I sure do. Pardon me while I ramble for today. Rambling = scattered thoughts so, I hope I don’t lose you in my ramblings.
- Bangkok was great! I really love their BTS (Skytrain, ala a better MRT). It’s super efficient and very accessible. Traffic is terrible there, so taking the BTS was the best option. Even if there were a lot of people, it wasn’t crowded.
- Food trip galore. Tom Yum everyday! On the 2nd day, my tongue was beginning to get numb from all the spicy food I ate. It was nothing that ice cream from Cream & Fudge Factory couldn’t cure though! We ate a LOT of Thai food. After each meal, H & I would remind each other that we needed to start working out when we got back to Manila. Yeah, I gained weight. Ang sarap naman kasi kumain, lalo na kung Thai food.
- We stayed at Bangkok Palace, a hotel quite detached from the shopping area. It was okay. I wouldn’t stay there again though. I’ll write about my stay there later on but for now… no to negativity!
- Thai massage is the best! I got a 1-hr foot massage on Day 1, which was perfect after a long day of walking. On Day 2, I went for the 2-hr full body Thai massage. BLISS.
- Siam Paragon. Siam Ocean World. MBK. Siam Discovery. Central World. We did a lot of mall-hopping when we were there. The malls were pretty close to one another, so instead of taking the BTS, we just walked to all of them! Great way to burn so much of what we were eating!
- It was hot in Bangkok, but not sticky hot like in Manila. It’s not as polluted as Manila either, so walking around was not a problem. We’d get to our destination a bit tired and a little bit sweaty, but the light breeze was a comfort so we didn’t mind at all. If we had walked the same routes here in Manila though, we would’ve been tremendously sweaty and would have headaches from the heat.
- We took the Cebu Pacific promo. I don’t think I’ll do that again. The flights were terrible — turbulence galore, there was hardly a smooth moment… it just wasn’t worth it. Fine, we got to avail of a reasonable price for the flight but man, I was hanging on for dear life for most of the trip. The plane was small, one I don’t think was fit for that international flight. Maybe this situation is unique to our experience but it’s enough for us to say that we won’t be going for these international Cebu Pacific flights anymore.
- Right now I’m aching to get back in bed, turn the AC on full blast and curl up under the sheets with a good book till I fall asleep. So tired. I haven’t recovered from that stressful flight back! I already miss Bangkok though. Next year I’ll do the touristy thing (Elephant Farm, floating market, etc…) when there’s more time. I can’t wait!
I’ll post pics sometime soon. Meanwhile, I hope you can check out an interview I had with BlogInterview.com. How was your week?