Thanks to all those who indulged me in my last entry. I have to admit that I had a lot of fun! Why don’t you guys try the Q&A thing on your blogs?
Linnor, tiptoes & Mitch asked:
Where do you work and where did you study?
I work in an advertising agency based in Makati. I studied in Ateneo de Manila University. One big fight!
Junnie asked several Ms. Universe questions:
1. What is the essence of a true woman? Though Sushmita Sen said that the essence of a true woman is to be a mother, I disagree. Not everyone is meant to be one, after all. I answer this question with a character from the Dragonlance series: Laurana, the Golden General. She was the epitome of true beauty and was raised a very sheltered princess. Following the whispers of her heart, she broke through this stereotype and used her intelligence, strength, compassion to lead her people to victory against the Knights of Takhisis. A true woman does not take things sitting down. She is not submissive. She does not permit herself to be boxed in. I believe that a true woman acknowledges her passions and wholeheartedly pursues them. She does not permit femininity to be a disadvantage, but just like Laurana, turns her subtle strength into an advantage. This is what I strongly believe to be the essence of a true woman. I thank you. Mabuhay Philippines! [Bow!]
2. Should a wife be left doing the household work even if she is working herself? No. I believe that marriage is a partnership so that means managing finances together, taking care of the kids together, working on the household chores together.
3. What is your measure of a wife’s success? Healthy kids or loving husband. choose only one. Thank you, Judge Number 1. I will go with Loving Husband. I believe in the quote ‘The best gift a husband can give his wife is to show how much he loves her in front of their children.’ To have a loving relationship with my husband would help my children learn the values of trust, honesty and respect between two people, and where better place to start learning those values than at home? Who better to teach them these values but their parents? I thank you.
Ruth asked: “What makes you frustrated? Furious? Envious? Jealous? Act negatively? Your failures?” CG asked: ”What sets you off?”
Whenever I’m about to burst with anger, H would say, “Uh-oh, here comes the Wifey Monster…” And so I turn into a Wifey Monster because of the following things: Plans that do not push through. When I cancel on someone. Working with idiots. Telemarketers – I truly believe this service is a nuisance. When I set my heart on something and I can’t seem to get it no matter what I do. Fat days. A messy bathroom. Highly inconsiderate people (for example, those who play very loud heavy metal music for all the employees to hear in the middle of a busy workday). Running out of money. Getting my feet wet accidentally when I walk on a street after a rainy day. Slow computers. As for my failures, I hate it that I wasn’t able to finish my Master’s. Oh well, someday I will.
If life on earth would have been over tomorrow,
1) What would be your utmost regret? That I didn’t get the chance to be a mother.
2) What would be your prime consolation? That I did get a semi-experience in raising children through my kid cousins, niece and to some extent, my husband. Hehe.
1) What are your fave dishes? I love Sinigang na Baboy. Tuyo. Adobong Manok. Tortang Talong. Inihaw na Tilapia. Galunggong. Angel hair pasta with tomato sauce. Tawilis. Shakey’s Garlic & Cheese Pizza with extra anchovies and pineapples. I’m getting hungry.
2) Do you have insecurities? Oh yes. I don’t like how my body looks. I think I’m really fat. It’s all in the mind though, but still, my weight makes me feel insecure.
3) (same as R’s question) What makes you furious? So many things. See my answers to her questions!
4) What’s your best asset? (terms of character ha?) I am very compassionate.
5) Where in manila do you come from? Mabuhay Philippines! My name is Toni and I’m from Quezon Cityyyyyy!
Tin asked: What are your views on homosexuality? I support the decisions these people make about their sexuality. I do not look at them any differently. I highly respect them for having the courage to come out and not feel that their sexuality is a trap or a handicap.
1. Do you prefer English or Tagalog? I prefer English. I was raised speaking English. I think in English. I believe that the Filipino language is very beautiful, however I don’t speak it well enough.
2. Have you ever been to the states? Yes I have been to the States! I have relatives all over. I am looking forward to going back there sometime.
3. From what I understand the gap between the Filipino upper and lower classes is massive. Being on the upper end of that, how does that make you feel about living there? Simple. I honestly fear for my security everyday. It’s something I have come to cope with. I won’t discuss poverty. I won’t discuss how the upper class can also deter my security. I won’t go into the crimes that happen daily. This isn’t the place for that. But really pie, I do fear for the safety of everyone, most especially that of my loved ones’.
Carmela asked: What is the most endearing thing you’ve done for your husband? For his birthday last year, I collected notes and pictures from his friends and family from all over the world. I put them all in one scrapbook and added some artistic touches. He wasn’t expecting it at all. He was so touched!
1. What’s your real name, as in your first and last name? Just call me Toni. For security reasons, we don’t want to post our full names now, do we? = )
2. What are your fave book/s? Veronika Decides to Die. The Alchemist. The Valkyries. The Dragonlance Chronicles. The Trouble with Thirteen. Good in Bed. In Her Shoes. The DaVinci Code. By The River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept.
3. Who was the last person that made you cry? Peter Parker. I cried during one of the scenes in Spiderman.
4. Lastly, what is the best part of being a wifey? Being together forever with my Husby.
1. What are your guilty pleasures? Getting a full body massage, a body scrub, pedicure and manicure. Buying tons of books. Eating ice cream. Eating Pringles (original flavor) and washing it down with ice-cold Coca-Cola.
2. Famous person (living or dead) you’d like to meet? OPRAH WINFREY! I just want to give her a hug.
3. What do you do when something angers you? I visualize ripping his/her hair out and snapping back, but that’s as far as I go. I usually keep quiet for awhile to collect all my thoughts. And then I answer back with stern words. Very stern words.